Last summer when I was discussing creating an online class with Stefanie Kessen, founder of The Online Itinerant, I shared with her that I was daunted by the technical aspects. Stefanie said “I’ll handle that part!” so I said “Sign me up!”
I loved planning the content but I have to admit it took me several tries to figure out the Zoom platform.
I am now proud to announce that my first online course titled Using General Education Curriculum in Intervention is now available at The Online Itinerant. If you work with students with hearing loss and are providing intervention for delayed language, literacy or auditory skills, you will find this course helpful.
Have you ever wondered:
- How can I help my students the most in their curriculum?
- How can I relate IEP goals to what is going on in the classroom?
- How can I collaborate with other professionals working with my students?
- My student is reading a story this week – what can I do to help with it?
- I don’t have much time with my students but I still want to help them academically. How can I do that?
- I only see my student once a week. What is the best use of my time?
- How can I get CEUs in teaching deaf/hard of hearing students?
- How can I get online training that can be completed in short segments or at my convenience?
How and to use the materials and content that our students are being taught in their gen ed or special ed classes to create lessons and activities to work on their IEP goals is explained in the course. I describe how to do this with two very different students – a bright kindergartner who is a late starter with amplification and intervention and a fifth-grader with significant other learning issues. Sample activities and data sheets are included.
Here’s what is incorporated in the course:
- explanation of what is meant by using classroom materials
- what the research says
- things to consider when implementing
- specific examples with two very different students
- bonus benefits for the professionals involved
- powerpoint of the entire course
- data sheets for IEP goals
For an added freebie, I have included in the course a download of the Book Booster for Oliver Gets Hearing Aids. Twenty-five language and literacy activities covering vocabulary, phonological skills and higher level comprehension activities are included. This product can give further help in demonstrating how to use the curriculum for our instructional purposes. Don’t have the book Oliver Gets Hearing Aids? Download it for free here!
Access to this course is in one of two ways.
- A viewer can join the Online Itinerant Professional Academy, view any of the recorded courses at any time, participate in monthly Facebook Meet-ups and join a Facebook Group where many questions are being asked and answered daily for $149 per year.
- The single course for $24.99 can also be purchased. The fee includes teacher renewal credits and any materials associated with the course.
Please check this offering out and let me know what you think!